You work hard. Now it’s time to play hard.
Small Plate Sessions @ The Last Days of Shoreditch is described as ‘high-energy, punk tapas in a fully immersive but relaxed environment’. Food will be available between 5pm-11pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings from 25th May-26th August 2017, with the food offering split between two areas:
- A buzzing 50-cover mezzanine restaurant with an Ascentia kitchen (and cutlery in a pot on the table). Expect delicious, innovative dishes like Gressingham Duck Breast cooked in a Chocolate Salt Crust, Chicken Skin Sandwich, Black Cod Ceviche with Iced Kaffir Lime, Hot & Cold San Marzano Tomato or the famous ‘Chicken on a Brick’. For dessert, try Lemongrass Vs Ginger or the outrageously moreish Cookie Dough Milkshake in a Shovel.
- A relaxed no-reservation terrace and bar overlooking the festival, serving dishes cooked in a Mibrasa charcoal oven such as Barbecue Crack Rib for two, Cornish Monkfish roasted on the bone, Charred Lamb Minute Steak cooked rare with Crispy Garlic & Lemon Thyme and Silky Charcoal Holy F*ck Fudge drenched in Rum and set on fire.
Tickets for dinner in the restaurant will be available from the website (with a handful held back for walk-ins on the night) at £28 each, which includes any four dishes from the evolving menu of delicious, inventive small plates on offer that day. If after those four dishes you want to try more, no problem; once you’re there, you can order as many additional individual dishes as you like. These will be priced between £4 – £12 per dish, with equal love and attention given to vegan, vegetarian & all dietary requirements.
To complement Rob Star’s LDOS programme, Ben is personally curating the music line-up on multiple dates. The hugely respected producer and DJ Gary Poulter (AKA ‘Chuggin Edits’) has a residency, with other DJs from across Europe including Ray Mang (Mangled) and Jack C (Krankbrother Resident) making regular appearances and further special sets from artists such as Get Down Edits, Antony Difrancesco (FUSE) & more.
Tickets will go on sale on Wednesday May 10th at www.benspalding.co.uk. (Please note that, whilst entry to The Last Days of Shoreditch is free, entry to the mezzanine restaurant at Small Plate Sessions is strictly ticket only, so please pre-book to avoid disappointment.)
To complement the key elements of food and music, Ben has drafted in some serious talent from a range of creative industries:
- Paris-based artist Christopher Hibbert will exhibit his unique light paintings in the restaurant
- Acorn AV (the team behind the audiovisuals at London Fashion Week) are putting on a pioneering live feed AV show
- Gypsy Hill Brewery will be bringing the kegs to complement the irresistible cocktail menu
- Jamie Maxwell, PuzzleProjects’s film-maker, will be capturing the action (in trademark Ninja style)
- Lighting and design by the PuzzleProjects events team.
Ben explained, ‘Small Plate Sessions is a combination of fast, affordable dishes of high-quality restaurant-level cooking enhanced with live DJ, producer and musician sets tinged with jazz, soul, disco, funk and groove from some of the finest artists and producers in the country. It’s all about creating as much energy in the room as possible and keeping it unpretentious, raw and accessible.’
Cancel your plans and click here to book now.