Ben brings over fifteen years’ experience and hard-earned expertise in the hospitality industry to his role. Having trained at some of the world’s finest Michelin-starred restaurants including 28+ in Gothenburg, Per Se, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, The Ledbury, Bagatelle, The Fat Duck, Le Manoir, Vue de Monde and L’Enclume, he returned to London in 2011 and delivered his unique style of cooking with great success at restaurants including Roganic, John Salt and Aqua in the Shard, winning both personal and professional acclaim along the way. His awards include 3 AA Rosettes at Roganic, the Zagat 30 under 30 award, the ShortList Brit List, the Times 100 Most Influential People.
Wanting to break away for the stiff formality often associated with fine dining and Michelin-starred establishments, Ben created his own successful business, PuzzleProjects, and simultaneously launched several innovative dining concepts including NoRules, WorldDinners and StrippedBack, an exciting, accessible dining experience which played an integral part in the development of London’s high-end street food movement. Huge global interest saw Ben take this concept across Europe and on to the legendary music festival Coachella in Los Angeles.
In addition to delivering several hundred creative events, weddings and private dinners, 2016 saw Ben further develop his creative and operational work with hospitality businesses and brands globally, including The Common in London and Landvetter Airport Hotel in Sweden, Stones Events, Harbour & Jones, Meat Lust, Nisbets, Farmino and Mibrasa. This year he is partnering with Bang & Olufsen to refine his public dining events, exploring ways in which music, another major passion of his, can be introduced into his cooking; he is also opening a summer restaurant in The Last Days of Shoreditch from May and working on a range of international projects across Europe and Asia.
No job is too big, too small, too difficult or too weird. The team pride themselves on being accessible, affordable and easy to work with, and completely unfazed by unusual or challenging work environments or requests.
Ask Ben about:
- Pre- and post-concept development for stand-alone and scalable sites
- Operational assessment of your business in identified problem areas
- Implementing and refining of key systems with a cost- and time-efficient approach and focus to produce immediate results
- Full talk- and walk-through on kitchen design, refit and equipment
- Full menu review and development
- Creation of a ‘Recipe Bible’ with full staff training on introduction and practical application
- Team-building and motivation exercises
- Event planning, delivery and assessment
- Authentic and credible industry contacts and introductions
- High-quality and cost-efficient food, beverage and equipment suppliers
- Profitability analysis